PHILOSOPHY OF THE GRADE SCHOOL
The Ateneo de Zamboanga University Grade School believes in the Ignatian worldview, which sees God at work, I the world through men and women. As such it strives to form its students into “persons-for –others” who can discern God’s will I their life and can generously respond through service in the community.
God’s will for each person can be discerned in the talents and capabilities with which he had endowed each one. The school, therefore, consciously strives to provide opportunities for its students to discover, develop and employ theses talents and capabilities for the greater glory of God and the good of the society where they live.
OBJECTIVES OF THE GRADE SCHOOL
As the elementary unit of the institution that is the Ateneo de Zamboanga University, the work of the Grade School is to lay a solid foundation for learning and character formation.
Faithful to the institution’s mission as a Filipino, a Catholic, and a Jesuit School, the Grade School of the Ateneo de Zamboanga University seeks to:
1. develop in students a strong sense of Filipino identity;
2. guide students in the exercise of their rights and the fulfillment of the obligations of citizenship;
3. instruct students in the fundamentals of their faith;
4. form persons who are worshipful, God-loving, caring, and respectful of the religious conviction of others;
5. develop fundamental skills of literacy, numeracy, language, scientific inquiry and critical thinking; and
6. instill in students the spirit of service to God and his people.