As part of a Filipino school, the Religion Department seeks to:
1. uphold learning activities promoting Christian values and practices that strengthen the relationship among members of the family, the basic unit of the Filipino society; and
2. deepen students’ awareness of the Christian dimension of Filipino community values that bring about a genuine love for one’s fellowmen, and reverence and respect for the country’s God-given natural and economic resources.
As part of a College Preparatory school, the Religion Department seeks to:
1. provide students with a solid understanding of the basics of the Catholic faith in preparation for advanced theological studies and reflection in the tertiary level; and
2. sharpen students’ critical faculty through opportunities for reflection on and articulation of the relationship between one’s faith and one’s day-to-day activities.
As part of a Catholic school, the Religion Department seeks to:
1. present Christ as model of human life and invite students to a personal friendship with Him by instructing them on His life and teachings;
2. update students on the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church;
3. provide concrete experiences of church life; and
4. lead students to an appreciation for and openness to the richness of diverse religious beliefs and lifestyles other than their own.
As part of a Jesuit school, the Religion Department shares in the common vision and goals of the worldwide system of Jesuit education. These vision and goals are contained in the document, Characteristics of Jesuit Education.