The OSA aligns withand commits to the vision of the Ateneo de Zamboanga University (AdZU) of a new Mindanao; of diverse communities enjoying peace – a new Mindanao at the heart of a new Philippines and its twofold mission of advancing leadership education and advocating social transformation.
Therefore, the OSA will complement with and assist the academic and non-academic organizations of AdZU in holistically developing students to be committed and responsible persons. To encourage the total formation and development of the students, the OSA will strive to maintain a caring, sensitive and supportive environment.
- To help students adjust to a life in the AdZU community
- To encourage the development of responsible and ethical conduct among students
- To encourage students to appreciate and respect ethnic, cultural, religious, physical and gender differences
- To support the interpersonal and social development of students
- To provide students with opportunities to develop skills in leadership
The Heart of OSA
The OSA is deeply rooted with the AdZU core values of:
- Ignatian Spirituality: “Contemplative in Action” as a way of life
- Respect for the dignity of the human person and care for the environment
- Honesty and Integrity
- Generous and humble service
- Academic excellence
- Love of country, especially the poor, marginalized and neglected
Jesuit Education is world-affirming, assisting in the total formation of each individual within the human community