Employees who are SSS members may avail of any of the following benefits:
a. SICKNESS BENEFITS
The sickness benefit is a daily cash allowance paid for the number of days a member is unable to work due to sickness or injury.
HOW DOES AN SSS MEMBER QUALIFY FOR THE SICKNESS BENEFIT?
A member is qualified to avail of this benefit if:
- He/she is unable to work due to sickness or injury and confined either in a hospital or at home for at least four days.
- He/she has at least three months of contributions within the last 12-month period immediately before the semester of sickness has been paid.
- All company sick leaves with pay for the current year have been used up.
- The employer has been notified, or if separated, voluntary or self-employed, SSS has been directly notified of the sickness
HOW MUCH SICKNESS BENEFIT IS A MEMBER ENTITLED TO RECEIVE?
The amount of member’s sickness benefit per day is equivalent to ninety percent (90%) of the member’s average daily salary credit.
- Secure the SICKNESS NOTIFICATION FORM (SSS Form CLD-9N) at the HRADO Office
- Accomplish Part I (confined member) and Part II (Attending Physician)
- Return to HRADO for Part III
- Submit to SSS Office for Part IV (Medical Evaluation)
- Return accomplished form to HRADO