The Ateneo Grade School Glee Club is a special activity program for students who display an inclination towards music. The Glee Club members are selected through an application process which consisted of a test of some general music concepts, including melody, rhythm, harmony, tempo and pitch.
The students are trained in devotional, popular, folk, party songs and Christmas carols, as part of the activities of the Glee Club.
As regular activities, our students sing hymns at the school assembly and at the monthly first Friday Mass in school. The club also performs at community and educational events.
The main objectives in forming this group are:
1) to give students the opportunity to develop and enhance their talents in music;
2) to instill an awareness and liking towards the right type of music;
3) to acquire emotional sensitivity;
4) to awaken the sense of creativeness that will provide an avenue of self-expression;
5) to stimulate growth of character through cooperative effort, self-discipline, responsibility, patience, attention to detail and desire for excellence
6) to praise and thank the Lord through music.
The club meets every Friday at 1:30 – 2:30 in the afternoon.
Rossini Gregorio/ Virginia dela Cruz
ATENEO DE ZAMBOANGA UNIVERSITY
Accredited Member: PAASCU
SING ALONG CLUB
“Every individual is born with a talent”
The Ateneo Sing Along Club is a program designed for students who display an interest in singing. The main objectives of this club are to develop in students a lasting appreciation and enjoyment of music, knowledge of cultural traditions, and a sense of responsibility for exercising the students’ discriminative judgments in the choice of music to which they play and listen.
The club also aims to encourage the worthy use of leisure time by providing the opportunity for students to build up their musical skills and boost up the skills if those who are already into it.
The club’s activities include entertaining the audience at school events and other functions. The club believes that music adds essence to one’s life and we are determined to spread love and happiness around through music.