JUNIOR RED CROSS ORGANIZATION
Red Cross Youth is one of the six major services of the Philippine National Red Cross. Its mission is to educate children and youth in the spirit of Red Cross and provide opportunities for directing and harnessing their energy and idealism into worthwhile activities within the framework of the organization.
The link between those who can help and those who need help is what the Red Cross is all about. This humanitarian organization was conceived because there are people in need of help and compassion. Through the generosity and cooperation of people, the Red Cross is able to perform its role in our nation’s development.
Ateneo de Zamboanga University Grade School is a Jesuit School. In consonance with the Red Cross idealism and its commitment to serve others for the greater glory of God, the Junior Red Cross Organization was established. It is meant to provide the avenue through which its members will get the necessary training to be appropriately prepared to assist others in times of emergency. Its members also intend to train as many other non-members of the organization to prepare them to assist other people in their own places, most specially to cope up with any difficult situation or event.
The Junior Red Cross Organization aims to:
1. teach the value of service;
- inculcate in the children and youth the sentiment of human brotherhood and compassion by helping in a fraternal and unselfish way those in need of support or aid
2. teach the value of solidarity;
- inculcate in the students the bayanihan spirit
3. teach the value of health and life;
- inculcate the value of life conservation through instruction in health and safety measures
4. promote the value of international friendship and understanding for peace;
- inculcate among the students the principles of friendship and brotherhood to promote peace and progress
5. teach the basic skills necessary in responding to any emergency; and
- participate and attend in youth camps, Red Cross Societies, seminars, convocation, conferences and trainings.
6. assist in the training of other people.
- lecture, demonstrate and teach basic Red Cross concepts and principles
- Learn the history, principles, objectives and services of the Red Cross.
- Appreciate the value of health by showing personal cleanliness and environmental care.
- Join trainings of First Aid.
- Perform First Aid when the need arises.
- Participate in youth camps.
- Assist during encampment.
- Participate in Environmental clean-up activities
- Value friendship, brotherhood and compassion to the needy through outreach program
- Raise funds for a cause.
Mary Grace Forniza