The Ateneo de Zamboanga University Grade School Tourism Club is a social, cultural and educational oriented club. Through its program, it hopes to foster a better understanding of one’s cooperative and interdependent relationships with one’s countrymen, an appreciation of local and national culture and heritage and a fuller grasp of one’s responsibilities towards making our world a better place to live in.
It hopes to provide an education that will deepen the student’s awareness of their role as Zamboangueños and Filipinos in the development and progress of the nation and of the world as well.
The Tourism club aims to:
1. foster a better understanding of the history of Zamboanga and of the Philippines;
2. take pride in people, places and events in history that contribute to the present well being of the country;
3. feel proud of important tourist spots in the city and in other places in the Philippines;
4. study the local and national culture and its heritage;
5. discuss one’s responsibilities towards the city, the country and the world as a whole; and
6. work out plans for field trips to some important spots in the city.
1. Dramatization of the History of Zamboanga
2. Making of diorama of the history of the Philippines
3. Describing influences of Spain, Japan and the U.S.A. to Filipino culture
4. Enumerating important people, places and events
5. Naming a place and giving one good characteristic of the place that makes one proud of it.
6. Discussing local and national culture and heritage.
7. Exchanging ideas on one’s responsibility towards the city, nation and world.
8. Planning field trips
9. Journalizing one’s plan on serving the city, the nations and the world.
Simplicio dela Cruz Jr / Noel Malcampo