|Ateneo de Zamboanga University Library Consortium
Ateneo de Zamboanga University and Silsilah Dialogue Movement entered into a LIBRARY CONSORTIUM in 1998 to extend the use of each of their library collections to the other independent institution.
Access to the rich collection of Silsilah on Islam, Christianity and related topics and the collection of the Ateneo on a wide field of topics is now maximized by making their collections available to faculty, researchers and students of both institutions and others.
The two parties entered into a consortium subject to the following terms and conditions:
Duties and Responsibilities of the Ateneo de Zamboanga University Library
- ADZU librarians will assist in the cataloguing of the books, periodicals and vertical file of Silsilah in accordance with the system Ateneo de Zamboanga University now uses.
- ADZU will carry the Silsilah materials as part of the Ateneo Library Information System, Ateneo de Zamboanga University’s electronic catalogue and reference system.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Silsilah Library
- The Silsilah Library will allow the ADZU librarian to classify and catalogues its books according to the system the ADZU Library uses.
- The Silsilah library will allow the ADZU librarian to assist in classifying and cataloguing its periodicals and vertical files according to the system that the ADZU Library uses.
- The Silsilah Library will provide the computer and other peripherals needed to connect this computer to the ADZU Library.
Duties and Responsibilities Common to the Two Parties
- Both parties will share the costs for the interconnection of the libraries.
- All authorized library users of either party will have access to the materials in the respective parties collection.
- Use of one library by the regular card holders of the other library is subject to the following rules:
a. While on the premises of either library, the use is subject to the rules of that particular library.
b. The libraries will identify those among their cardholders who will enjoy borrowing privileges from the library. For example, borrowers may be limited to only staff and faculty. The borrowing privilege will be limited to 3 books at a time for a period of two weeks each time for each cardholder.
c. Each library is accountable tot he other library for books and other materials that its cardholders do not return to the other library.
d. Photocopying of library materials for library use only will be allowed using the equipment within the library premises only.
The Consortium terminates only upon mutual agreement of the two parties involved.