High School Library
High School Library Objectives
- To provide an updated print and non- print collection and other instructional materials in all subject areas.
- To prepare, select, organize and administer the materials that will be easily available and accessible to all users.
- To assist the faculty and students to maximize the use of library materials.
- To furnish additional materials for leisure reading.
High School Audio Visual Objectives
The Ateneo High School Audio Visual is an integral part of the library. It is the library’s partner in helping
teachers make their teaching interesting, exciting and colorful through its facilities and collections. The audio visual:
- Supports the high school curricular offerings.
- Provides audio visual materials and equipment to the faculty members.
- Assists the teachers in multi media-aided classroom instruction.
A library performs its social function best when it makes its resources relevant to the information needs of the users. Resources alone do not make a library. It is when people interact with these resources and when the librarians help users utilize the collections that the true spirit of the library information service emerges.
The Ateneo High School Library occupies the ground floor of the Campion Hall. It has a seating capacity of sixty (60) students. As a functional school library, it is geared towards the fulfillment of its role as the most important intellectual resource of the school community.
The bell rings 30 minutes before closing time. Those who wish to borrow books are to go to the circulation counter to avoid the rush. The loan desk closes ten minutes before closing time.
In line with its information service, the library offers the following services to its users.
- Materials Lending Services
- Book Display
- Library Orientation and Library Instruction Program (level 1 - level 4)
- Reference Service
- Stack Service/Searching and Reserving
- Inter-library Loans
The services of the library are supported by the Technical and the Bindery Sections.
The library's collection includes books, magazine, newspapers, professional journals, and vertical files. A majority of the collection is for circulation and can be accessed from the shelves. However, there are materials that can only be used within the library premises such as General Reference, Filipiniana, Periodicals, Vertical Files Collection and Instructional Materials. The library uses the Dewey Decimal Classification System.
The 10 Main Classes
- 000 - 099 Generalities
- 100 - 199 Philosophy and Related Discipline
- 200 - 299 Religion
- 300 - 399 Social Science
- 400 - 499 Language
- 500 - 599 Pure Science
- 600 - 699 Technology (Applied Sciences)
- 700 - 799 The Arts
- 800 - 899 Literature (Belles-lettres)
- 900 - 999 General Geography and History
The library has a reading area for its users. Aside from the traditional catalog, an On-Line Public Access Catalog is provided for an easy access to information. It also has a functional circulation desk for library transactions.