The Periodical Area is the “Information Powerhouse” through which current information found in journals, newspapers, government publications and other serial literature are organized and made available for use.
The area aims to provide the users with the various indexing tools available at the Periodical Area and to teach them the fundamental searching techniques in locating information from periodical sources.
Size of the Collection
There are 155 current titles of both local and foreign journals, magazines, newspapers and organs of societies, associations and corporations.
Arrangement of Collection
A “closed” stacks policy for periodicals has been adapted. Bound and unbound issues of periodicals/journals are arranged alphabetically, by titles in the stack area. Current issues are on the display shelves for easier access. The collection of back issues of both local and national newspapers is from 2001 up to the present.
- Current Awareness Services
- Table of Contents (TOC) Service
- Stack Service
- Document Delivery Service
- Resource Service
- Information Assistance
- Instructional Service such as Hands-on Demonstration; Library Tours.
- Library Exhibits
- Library Publication: Guide
- Photocopy for TOC free of charge
- Selection of Periodical Transcription/Researches
- General Periodicals
- Professions Journals
- Journals in Fiche
- Vertical Files
- ASTI – Applied Science and Technology Index 1983 – 97
- MAS – Magazines Article Summaries Abstracts1990 – 97
- CIPPA – Computerized Index to Phil. Periodical Articles 1984 – to present
- VF – Vertical File Database included in the LAN