LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
The famous world leader, Marshall Tedch, said this about leadership: “There are natural gifts in a man of a genius, in a born general, in the average man, such advantages may be secured by work.”
In the ultimate sense, leadership is not inherent. It depends upon the traits which can be developed and upon the application of techniques which can be learned. Although some men are born learners, most leaders are good leaders because they have been trained and have been worked hard to become so.
The Ateneo de Zamboanga University Grade School Leadership Training Program was organized to provide the necessary activities and training to cultivate and practice students who possess the mental and physical ability and the moral and ethical integrity expected of a genuine leader.
Through this leadership training, it is hoped that students will imbibe a sense of mission, self-denial, high character, job competence, good judgment, and commitment to each other for the greater good of all.
The Ateneo de Zamboanga University Grade School Leadership Training Program aims to:
- develop leadership in young children;
- develop an awareness of the qualities and responsibilities of a good leader;
- develop leadership techniques among leaders;
- develop awareness of Filipino values profitable in leading other people; and
- provide opportunities for application of their training.