Center for Community Extension Services
AdZU-CCES, NCIP Centers on IP Youth Empowerment for Kolodyaan III
With the theme, “Nagkakaisang Tribo at Kultura sa Pagpapaunlad ng Pamayanan,” AdZU Social Development Office (SDO), through its Center for Community Extension Services (CCES), partners with National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP) to focus on IP Youth Empowerment for Kolodyaan III at Barangay Patalon on October 27 – 28, 2019.
Hosted by the Barangay Council of Patalon, Kolodyaan seeks to provide avenues for IP communities to reflect and explore collective means to strengthen the IPEd of various IP communities in Zamboanga City, by showcasing IP indigenous knowledge systems and practices for greater awareness and appreciation of their culture and traditions and immersing them in creative methods and approaches of collective learning; and nurturing relationships and partnership among communities and tribes.
This Year of the Youth, IPs join the youth in their quest for self-determination through different activities. A Highlight of the event included the Youth night where they recognized the youth’s major importance in continuing the work initiated by their leaders and elders. Apart from that, Kolodyaan III also included a talk on teenage marriage, a common cultural practice among tribes. Along with the annual IKSP exhibit, poem writing exhibit and indigenous games, Kolodyaan III also focused on crafting a resolution stipulating the inclusion of IP month celebration to the celebration of Zamboanga Hermosa Festival.
The event was well supported by several IP partners including:
- IP schools;
- Campo Uno Indigenous People Primary School (CUIPPS);
- Monte Central Indigenous People Elementary School (MIPES) for Subanon;
- Angiskul Ma Bangka (AMB) for Sama Bajau; and
- Simariki School for Indigenous People (SSIP) for Sama Bangingi.
- Indigenous peoples mandatory
- Timuay Martin Guinilac for Subanon tribe;
- Aida Paniorotan for Koliguban tribe;
- Nasir Ismula for Sama Bangingi;
- Abirin Terre for Yakan; and
- Dr Talib Pendatun for Bajau.
- Indigenous People Structure/Timuays from the different indigenous cultural communities;
- Barangay Council of Labuan;
- Barangay Council of Limpapa;
- Cabonegro Elementary School;
- Limpapa Patalon Labuan Indigenous Cultural Communities (LPLICC);
- 74th Infantry Battalion Bravo Company Commanding Officer 1Lt Ramil Sabasales;
- Department of EducationREgion IX Schools Division Superintendent Dr Feliz Romy A Triambulo;
- Councilor Josephine Pareja representing the Local Government Unit of Zamboanga City; and
- National Commission on Indigenous People (NCIP).
[ai1ec view=”agenda” cat_id=”163″]